When you study how to sew, one of the primary things you recognize is you need to have a great sewing machine for beginners. Several things to consider when selecting a sewing machine include what are you planning on to sewing, Do you require a basic machine or one that’s complicated, and what’s your budget.
Do you require a basic machine or one that’s complicated?
When you’re beginning to sew, you need a sewing machine which makes sewing simple – no more complicated. This is why you need to get easy to use options. These types of models are simple to control and also the beginner can study to sew quickly. Keep away from machines that will take a lot of time to study like those that provide computerized stitching option and programmable stitch designs.
What are you planning to be sewing?
When purchasing the sewing machine for beginners you have to be sure that it suits the needs you have. For example, do you only want to make some easy sewing jobs or easy clothing construction, For both of those kinds of projects. You’ll only require two stitch kinds: zigzag and straight line. Most sewing machines will offer the two of these stitches. Then when selecting a new machine, there’s no need to purchase one that offers hundreds of stitches.
What is your budget?
If you are a sewing beginner, you will need to keep with a low budget. You will have the ability to get some with great features at a lower cost. For beginners, it’s a great idea for you keep with a basic model and not a far more complicated one.
Top 5 Best Sewing Machines for Beginners
- 27 buit-in stitch
- 1-Step Automatic Buttonhole: This modern machine allow you to automatically determine the opening size for the button by placing a button in the buttonhole foot. It then stitches a buttonhole, without you having to manipulate either the fabric or the machine any further.
- Stitch Width, Length and Tension Selection: The ability to adjust stitch width, length and tension makes sewing projects quicker and easier.
- Quick-set Bobbin and Built in Needle Threader: This makes setting up your sewing machine much easier whenever you need to change new thread, as you don’t have to squint your eyes to put the thread into the needle.
- LED Lighting: This features helps to see better when you are sewing at night and there isn’t enough light.
- Free Arm
Some other complex features are certainly missing here, Perhaps that may be a reason why this device wouldn’t overpower you, if you haven’t handled a sewing machine. This is particularly helpful when you are educating your kids, class, or any person how to sew.
Usha Janome Dream Stitch Sewing Machine
Usha Janome Dream stitch sewing machine is a nice basic sewing machine with six built-in stitch options that allow you to explore various patterns while stitching. This is a light weight machine, compact and easy to use machine suitable for both beginner and expert. This Usha Dream stitch sewing machine iss a four step buttonhole type. There is also a dial option for you to select your desired pattern. Auto tripping bobbin ensures that the thread is properly wound around the bobbin when you begin sewing. At about Rs 7,000 The Usha Janome Dream stitch is an effective and reliable sewing machine and a great deal.
- Compact and easy to use
- This is a free arm machine with circular stitching
- Light weight with carrying handle
- 6 built-in-stitches and 7 applications
- Thread Tension Control: Manual
- Needle Threading: Manual
- Buttonhole Type: Four step
- Bobbin Details: Auto tripping
The Singer 8280 is a simple, robust and reliable mechanical machine with a large stitch selection dial and 7 useful stitches. It’s suitable for sewing light to medium fabrics. It is light weight and can sew button hole in four steps. The Singer sewing machine is also very quiet. It offers a simple bobbin winder, a great long cord and also a super easy to control speed using the pedal; all the basic requires for basic sewing are included!. Other features on the 8280 include: stitch length adjustment to 4.2mm; stitch width adjustment dial to 5.0mm; built-in accessory storage; snap-on pressure feet; free arm; full accessory pack.
- In-built Thread Cutter in Presser Bar
- Accessory Storage in Extension Table
- Oscillating Shuttle Mechanism (Half Shuttle)
- Auto thread tension
- Electronic foot speed control
- 4-step Buttonhole type
Usha Janome Allure 80-Watt Sewing Machine possess fourteen different built-in stitches which assure quality stitching and seven applications that help you choose functions such as stretch stitching, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing and others. You can also choose pattern and stitch lengths using its selection dial system. The Usha Janome Allure sewing machine is lightweight and compact in size which makes it easy to store in cupboard or closet. It has a 4-step button holing and fixing feature, which helps you fix buttons on shirts, coats and dresses quickly. You can also attach zippers on jeans and trousers using the zip fixing application. This sewing machine can be used to for a variety of functions like darning, quilting, cording stitch and smocking. Moreover, being a free arm machine, it also enables circular stitching.
- AZ sewing machine with 30 stitch functions of which the main ones are stretch stitching, four step button holing, button fixing, rolled hemming, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing
- Lightweight and comes with a carrying handle
- Colour coded functional face plate and two dials for pattern and stitch length selection
- Free arm machine which allows for circular stitching
- Power: 80 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Includes: Sewing machine, Paddle, Power cord, Instruction manual, Instruction manual and Warranty card
The lightweight Excella comes with a big number of built in stitching designs. It also has a carrying handle which makes it really portable. It is quite easy to moving the machine from one place to another owing to its light weight. This sewing machine is an automatic zig zag sewing machines with two dials for pattern and stitch length selection and a free arm for circular stitching. It also has four step button holing and stretch stitching. The sewing machine is capable of a wide range of tasks that a tailor and fashion designer needs. Some of them are Button holing, lace fixing, picot, Mending, Cording, Smocking, Quilting, Zip fixing, Button fixing, Applique work and
Embroidery. This is just list of a few possible functions with the machine. The designer can create a few more individual designs depending on the creative side of the person.
- 30 stitch functions of which the main ones are stretch stitching, four step button holing, button fixing, rolled hemming, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing
- It has two dials for pattern and stitch length selection
- It features free arm for easy circular stitching
- An impressive 13 built in stitches is a great advantage
- Lightweight and comes with a carrying handle
- It includes support for nine applications like stretch stitching, button fixing, rolled hemming , Satin stitching, smocking etc.